Allow me 2 Reintroduce my self i get DOUGH

http://www.facebook.com/D.P.eeze

Dont Aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally . --David Frost


Monday, August 29, 2011

June 18, 2011

Showtime. Palms sweaty..again. Seems like everytime i walk into a a venue to perform i break into the same symptoms of nervousness. Although, i'd tell myself i wasnt nervous all day, i was. This was the moment i'd been waiting for all year. The bright lights..THe energy flowing through my fingertips as i grip the microphone, preaching my gospel to whoever wanted to listen.. The chance to go on in front of everyone in my town "Who matters" . Let alone most of the other performers in the competition had at least 5 years of age on me..I feel as if i had to do this for all the "Young uns" out there who hardly get ANY respect in such an industry as this , in North Carolina. I have a slight advantage though.. i have a song on the radio, so for the audience to recognize me by my music and be able to put the face to the song feels like a huge plus to me..."Maybe im not coming into this as blind as i thought"-- Hmm...So here i am, in the coldest section of the club, with these oversized Versace's i spent waaay too much on for them NOT to fit..and a Young Rich T-Shirt.. Unwrapping the clear, sticky packaging from around a Wine Black N' Mild from which i was going to smoke until the butterflies in my stomach choked and died.. My team surrounding me, laughing, joking, unaware of the hidden battle raging inside of me , prompting me to run toward the bathrooom and paint every stall with bright, foul smelling grafiti..VOMIT.. ugh.. Why am i so nervous..well..this is it..this is THE show before the BIG show..this is the Road 2 Summerjam..nd im knee deep in it..My label pushing me to become a marquee name lead me into a competition with the likes of the many in Fayetteville, NC with enough funding, and talent, to embark themselves on a mission to the BIG stage in July.. SUMMERJAM. Where the best of the best go at it like gladiators for a record deal and bragging right in front of the thousands who actually give any kind of damn about who, or what goes on here in hip-hop...As i hear my name called on the loudspeaker, i know its my turn..."And now coming to the stage , D.P. !!! " --

2 comments:

  1. Damn, this some reall shit family. 100. keep ya head up n grind harder,put us on the map cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly tho, its gone take everybody to put us on the map bro

    ReplyDelete